So you have decided to purchase a boat? Buying a boat can be pretty exciting. You get to enjoy the summer and have some water fun with your loved ones. However, you should also make sure that you rent a marina berth in Sydney for your boat. You need to make sure that the marina berth that you hire is well suited for your boat based on its size and type.
The following are a few facts which you should consider when hiring a berth.
- How much does it cost? Different areas would have a different rate. You need to determine the rate which is well suited for your budget. Placing your boat at a public dock isn’t going to be a wise decision because their security isn’t tight enough. A yacht club can be quite expensive. Choose something which works for you.
- If you find a discounted marina berth make sure they are offering good security for your boat security is one of those features which should ways be looked into when selecting a marina berth.
- Get to know the marina staff. They should be helpful and knowledgeable. They should have the right safety practices and should be up to date on all security measures for your boat.
- The dock should have all the necessary amenities. This means certain things which any boat owner can’t do without. For example a storage space to put away extra gear and cleaning supplies. The importance of a storage space should never be undermined. Most people hire a berth without realizing this.
- Consider choosing a wet dock. Wet docks are more expensive then dry docks, simply because they offer more convenience. You just need to get down and use the boat whenever you fancy. In case of a dry dock you need to inform the staff about it and make arrangements for your boat to get into water.
- Does the berth have enough space to allow you to dock your boat with ease and move it for boating? A small space can lower the excitement and make it difficult for you to maneuver the boat.
- How high is the dock? This would help you know how much ease or difficulty you might face while climbing the boat. If it’s a greater height you might need the help of alder and stool to access the boat.
- If you own a dinghy or any other small boat craft you also need to make sure that there is ample space for it in the berth as well. It’s always better to make sure of this space before actually renting a berth then facing disappointment once the hiring process is complete and you would have to look for another berth.
When you choose to hire a marina berth in Sydney, make sure that all the above-mentioned factors are met. Make sure you take ample time when making this decision as it would have a major impact on your boating experience.